Committed to our Vision: "Materials for a Better Life"
Umicore is a global materials technology and recycling group. It focuses on application areas where its expertise in materials science, chemistry and metallurgy makes a real difference. Its activities are centred on four business areas: Catalysis, Energy Materials, Performance Materials and Recycling. Each business area is divided into market-focused business units offering materials and solutions that are at the cutting edge of new technological developments and essential to everyday life.
Umicore generates the majority of its revenues and dedicates most of its R&D efforts to clean technologies, such as emission control catalysts, materials for rechargeable batteries and photovoltaics, fuel cells, and recycling. Umicore’s overriding goal of sustainable value creation is based on an ambition to develop, produce and recycle materials in a way that fulfils its mission: materials for a better life.
Umicore is committed to sustainable development and has adopted high economic, environmental and social behavior standards.
Mission Statement of Thin Film Products:
- We want to be recognized as an innovative leader in the development, manufacturing, sales, and recycling of materials for
thin film applications.
- We are committed to customer satisfaction through competitive high quality products and services.
- We work in close cooperation with selected partners.
- We work in teams using integrity and trust, open communication and creativity, fairness and respect.
- We want to derive pride, satisfaction, and fun from our work.
- We are accountable for the environmental and social impact of our operations and we adopt high standards in our business
and personal ethics.
- We are operating in an environmentally responsible way without any compromise on occupational health and safety.